Hello friends! I don't share many recipes, but when I do, it is because they are seasonal, or because they are EPIC. This one, my lovely readers, falls into the EPIC category! These chocolate candy bar brownies are hands down my favorite indulgence in the whole world. The best part is they are super easy to make.
How to Make EPIC Candy Bar Brownies
- 6 pack Hershey's chocolate bars
- 1 family size brownie mix and ingredients called for on the box. For my brand, I also needed eggs, water and oil.
1) Mix your brownies according to the instructions of your particular brand.
2) Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick spray and pour half of the batter in.
3) Place your Hershey's chocolate bars on top of the bottom layer of brownie batter. It doesn't need to look pretty, as you can see.
4) Top with the remaining batter and smooth out, making sure that all of the chocolate pieces are covered with brownie batter.
5) Bake according to the directions on your brownie mix box, but ERR ON THE SIDE OF UNDER-COOKING. I cook mine for the minimum recommended amount of time and that seems to work well. You want these to be nice and moist.
6) Once they are done cooking, allow them to fully cool. THIS IS CRUCIAL. Believe it or not, you want the Hershey's bars to completely harden again. They are MUCH tastier when you get the crunch of the candy bar in the middle. I tried them once when the chocolate was warm thinking they would be awesome, but they weren't that great. If you are pinched for time, you can put them in the refrigerator to cool them more quickly.
7) Once your brownies are cool, slice them and serve them. But be careful! People will beg you to make these, so be ready for the requests to roll in afterwards. For that reason, think carefully about who you are willing to serve them to :)
Don't they look AH-MAZING?! And the photos don't do them justice at all!
Is your mouth WATERING?! Seriously, add these items to your grocery list and make them ASAP. They are not good for you, but they are worth indulging in every once in a while. Everything in moderation, right?!
Want to spread the word about this awesome recipe? Pin it or share it on Facebook!