Hello friends! Raise your hand if you love chocolate and peanut butter. Now keep your hand raised if you love a little good mix of sweet and salty. BOTH MY HANDS ARE RAISED AND ARE WAVING AROUND. If yours are, too, you are going to LOVE this yummy and pretty treat I am sharing with you today. Read on to learn how to make these delicious chocolate peanut butter pretzel bites!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bite Recipe
- White chocolate melts
- Milk chocolate melts
- Peanut butter
- Red food coloring
- Sandwich size Ziploc bag
- Wax paper
1) Cover your area with wax paper. Then, spread peanut butter on all of your pretzels. I did not count how many pretzels I used, but I made a whole bunch, as you can see in the photos :) The spreading does not have to be neat, tidy or pretty. My twin girls' did the spreading for our pretzels and had a BLAST. Once all your pretzels have peanut butter on them, place them in the refrigerator for an hour or so to firm up the peanut butter.
2) Next, melt your milk chocolate, per the instructions on the package. Then dip each pretzel in the melted chocolate using a spoon. Cover the entire pretzel and then tap off as much excess chocolate as you can before placing it on wax paper to harden. Again, do not be too worried about being neat and tidy. Once it hardens, any stray drips, etc. can be broken right off.
3) After your milk chocolate coating has hardened, you are ready to add the decorative details with your white chocolate. Melt it per the instructions and then, if desired, add red food coloring to make a pretty pink color. Note that the addition of food coloring may cause your chocolate to seize up a bit. DO NOT PANIC. Add a small amount of vegetable oil to it until it is smooth again. Heat it again, if necessary.
4) Once your white chocolate is ready, spoon it into a sandwich size Ziploc bag. Press all the excess air out of the bag and seal it.
5) Next, use a pair of scissors to snip one corner of the Ziploc bag off. Snip off only a small amount! This is the hole you will squeeze the chocolate through, so it needs to be fairly small. Grab the bag in your hand and use light pressure until the chocolate starts to flow through the hole. Then decorate your chocolate peanut butter pretzel bites however you want! I made some hearts, but mostly I just added random squiggles. It was fast and easy!
That's it! You guys, these are FANTASTIC! The saltiness of the pretzels and peanut butter coupled with the milk and white chocolate sweetness is to die for! And aren't they cute?!
Want to save this recipe for later? Why not pin it and/or share it on Facebook?!