Looking for sausage balls with a little excitement? This easy recipe has a little bit of heat and is a fun twist on the traditional style. These are quick and simple, and perfect for appetizers or brunch!
Sausage balls. They are one of my FAVORITE foods ever! I have never met a person who doesn't love them. A tried and true Southern staple at holiday brunches, baby showers, cocktail parties, and cookouts, these little bites of goodness are pretty much perfect! If you have never had a sausage ball, imagine a cheese biscuit and sausage patty had a baby. It is basically hor d'oeuvre perfection!
While I love a traditional sausage ball, this recipe is by far my favorite. We love things with a little bit of a spicy kick, and these have just the perfect hint of heat. When you make these, go ahead and double the batch, because they will start to magically disappear as soon as they come out of the oven!
If you like step-by-step instructions and pictures, you can follow along. If you prefer a printable recipe, click the button Skip to the Recipe Card
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, adding water in 1 tablespoon at a time until the Bisquick mixes well. The mixture should have no dry spots.
Knead all ingredients until mixed well, then roll into balls and place on greased baking sheet.
Bake, then serve and enjoy!
Before you head out, be sure to check out my other easy and delicious recipe posts!
Easy Sausage Balls (With a Bit of Heat!)
Yield 12 balls
This easy sausage ball recipe is a spicy twist on a Southern favorite. These are quick and simple, and perfect for appetizers or brunch!
- 1 and a 1/2 cups of Bisquick
- 1/2 a lb. of grated Sharp Cheddar (room temperature)
- 1/2 a lb. of Hot Sausage (room temperature)
- 1 to 3 tablespoons of Water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients, add water in 1 tablespoon at a time until the Bisquick mixes well. Should not still be dry.
- Knead all ingredients until mixed well.
- Roll mixture into balls and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!