This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All of the glowing opinions expressed in this post are mine alone. #OREOCookieBalls #CollectiveBias
Happy Monday! Do you love football? I'll be honest, I am not much of a football fan, but my husband is and even I get into the spirit of things when The Big Game is coming up. I love making special food for Joe and his friends to enjoy while they watch it. This year, I am super about the OREO cookie balls that I came up with to serve. They are super cute and, as always, are unbelievably delicious. Best of all, they are SO easy to make. Read on to learn how to make your own!
The OREO cookie balls require only 3 ingredients, which I picked up on a recent trip to Walmart. Nope, I am not kidding–only 3 ingredients are required, though I used two additional ingredients for optional decoration.
OFFICIAL COOKIE BALL RECIPE
Optional Ingredients that I used for decoration:
- White chocolate melts
1) MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended. I crush my OREOs in the food processor first, and then add the softened cream cheese.
2) SHAPE the mixture into the shape of footballs and football helmets, as shown below. Then, freeze 10 min. When they are nearly done firming up in the freezer, melt your chocolate per the instructions on the package.
3) Dip the balls in melted chocolate. Place them on wax paper to dry.
4) Now, customize them! I added the curved portion of pretzels to the football helmets and piped numbers on them using melted white chocolate that I placed in a sandwich bag. Just snip a tiny bit off one of the corners of the bag so that the chocolate can be piped through it. I also added laces to the footballs. It was quick, easy and I love how they turned out!
5) Once you are done, refrigerate the OREO cookie balls for approximately 1 hour. Then share and enjoy them!
My family was in town when I made these and gobbled most of them up, but I look forward to making another batch for The Big Game! They will go well with the other football foods I have planned, including my famous buffalo chicken bread :)
What are you favorite foods to serve for The Big Game? Have you ever made OREO cookie balls? Have you ever tried making them with a flavor other than the original? I haven't but am anxious to try the new Red Velvet flavor!