These cookies are loaded with lots of good stuff – sweet white chocolate chips, slightly salty macadamia nuts, and a buttery cookie dough. They're so good and definitely a family favorite!
Hey! I'm Trish from Spoonful Of Butter. Once in a while, I do share sweet and savory recipes here at www.DesignerTrapped.com. It's truly a great honor for me to do a guest post for Tasha, and I'm hoping that these easy, homemade recipes are helping you create the home and life you love. :)
Since Christmas is only a few weeks away, I thought I would share a recipe for your Christmas cookie tray: the classic white chocolate macadamia cookie! I tell you, these treats are literally loaded with good stuff! There's white chocolate chips, chunky macadamia nuts, and a buttery cookie dough. They have soft and chewy centers and crisp edges.
If you don't have white chocolate chips you can also use your favorite white chocolate bar, chopped into small chunks. I'm personally not a fan of white chocolate, but with the exception of these cookies. The combination of white chocolate and macadamia nuts is just outrageously good!
So, if you're looking for a cookie to bake for your next cookie swap, for your hungry kiddos, or perhaps for Santa, you should definitely consider this. I know you're going to love them!
Next year, I'll be back with a healthy-ish recipe. For the meantime, let's indulge ourselves with these delicious treats. We deserve them, don't we? I know you do. :)
Have a wonderful Christmas holiday, everyone!
White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Cookies
Yield 2 dozen
Buttery cookie dough loaded with sweet white chocolate chips and slightly salty macadamia nuts make these deliciously yummy cookies a family favorite!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and the sugars on low speed until combined. Add the egg, vanilla extract, and light corn syrup.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add this flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Using a spatula, fold in the white chocolate and macadamia nuts. Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Line a cookie sheet or baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a small cookie scoop (2 teaspoons), spoon the dough onto the lined baking sheet. Make sure to leave a little room between each ball of cookie dough as they will spread a little while they bake. Bake for 9-12 minutes or until the edges are golden and the center of the cookies are set.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
|Black Cocoa Crinkles||Inside Out Pumpkin Muffins||Viennese Butter Biscuits|
Before you head out, be sure to check out my other easy and delicious recipe posts!