Last Updated on March 3, 2022
This is the perfect centerpiece for your fall, Thanksgiving or even Christmas table centerpiece! These festive apple candles are absolutely beautiful in their simplicity. Quick and easy, it takes about 10 minutes and 10 dollars to create this beautiful seasonal tablescape!
You know I couldn't possibly decorate the dining room for Christmas without including a few DIY craft projects, right?! Well, as promised I am here to show you how to make apple candles which I am using as our Thanksgiving table centerpiece, but they would make a stunning Christmas centerpiece as well! It took me less than 5 minutes and around $10.00 to make this, y'all. So, so easy and I think it's just stunning.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Materials Needed for DIY Apple Candles
- Apples (I chose the Fuji variety because I liked that they have both red and green on them, but choose any apples that you love the color of). Try to select apples with flat bottoms so that they stay upright and sit nicely.
- 1 1/2 inch paddle bit
- Tea lights
- Fresh herbs
- Pedestal stand or cake stand of your choice
Steps to Make DIY Apple Candles
1) Use your drill and 1/12 inch paddle bit to drill holes in the top of each apple. Don't drill too deeply–your hole only needs to be deep enough for your tea light (about 1/4 inch).
2) Place your tea light in the hole.
3) Add your apple candles to an elevated stand. You could use cake stand, a crate…anything you like to elevate the apples a bit.
4) Place fresh herbs around the perimeter of your stand and in between the apples.
That's it! It's one of the easiest DIY craft projects I've ever done. And it was cheap! The apples, thyme and tea lights came in around $10. Take a look at the finished project.
What do you think–are you going to add one to your Thanksgiving table?
Wondering how I approach transforming rooms and spaces in our home? Check out Designer in a Binder®.
And if you want exclusive content and behind-the-scenes sneak peeks, be sure to subscribe before you head out!