Last Updated on March 3, 2022
With spring in the air, I set out to create a DIY tulip wreath for our front door, but I wanted to do something a bit different than what I am seeing all over Pinterest. I am so excited about what I came up with. Instead of making a traditional wreath, I made this beautiful tulip spring door hanging. Best of all, it's SO EASY to make. It took me about 10 minutes from start to finish.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for my full disclosure policy.
- Folded birch planter
- Two bundles of silk tulips, in any color
- Printer paper or newspaper
- 2 inch wide Burlap ribbon
- Wire cutters
- Stapler or hot glue gun
Steps to Make Your Tulip Spring Door Decoration
1) Stuff paper in the bottom of your bent birch vase so your flowers don't fall through the bottom :)
2) Cut the bunches of your tulips so that each stem is separate. This will allow for a more full and organic look when you begin arranging your flowers in the vase.
3) Attach your ribbon to the INSIDE edges of you bent birch vase. I used a stapler to attach mine, but you could also use a hot glue gun.
4) Arrange your tulips. I placed the taller ones in the back and the shorter ones in the front. Do whatever looks good to you! Get creative! You can even add multiple colors to your tulip wreath to add some brightness to your home.
5) Hang your tulip wreath up and admire your work!
Isn't it lovely?! I am so happy with how it turned out and I still can't get over how easy it was. And I don't know about you, but I kind of love this door hanging alternative to an ordinary wreath :)
Other posts you may enjoy:
- Decorating Easter Eggs With Dots and Glitter
- DIY Pom Pom Wreath
- Colorful DIY Wreath Made from Felt Balls
- Easy Dotted Sharpie Easter Eggs
Wondering how I approach transforming rooms and spaces in our home? Check out Designer in a Binder®.
And if you want exclusive content and behind-the-scenes sneak peeks, be sure to subscribe before you head out!