We are in the s-l-o-w process of our backyard makeover and it has me dreaming of fun-filled days playing outside games! The deck is almost finished and I can almost taste the cocktail I will be enjoying while watching my girls run around and have fun. We have recently built a “swurfer” (that is a hybrid swing-surf board) for them to play on and they are loving it (the tutorial for that is coming soon). But the addition of our swurfer led to me looking for other fun ways we can spend time outside as a family. Y'all there are only about a zillion fun outside games and equipment to keep little kids and big kids entertained for hours! I put together my favorites into one list. There are so many fun outside games to choose from.
DIY Outside Games
1. DIY Yard Dice by blue i style
2. DIY Giant Dominoes by Lemon Thistle
3. Angry Birds Football Toss by Her Tool Belt
4. Big Kid's Seesaw by That's My Letter
5. DIY Cornhole Boards by Amber Oliver
6. Backyard Connect Four by Jennifer Largesse for The Home Depot Blog
7. Monster Toss Yard Game by Reality Daydream
8. Giant Jenga by Lemon Thistle
9. Bug Tic-Tac-Toe by Chicken Scratch NY
10. Backyard Ker-Plunk by Amy Vowels for allParenting
Aren't these awesome? I am obsessed with the huge Connect Four and the Yard Dice. They look so fun– makes me want to have a friends over for a couples' game night!
Now, I know not all of you have the time or desire to DIY your own, so below is a list of awesome outside games and equipment you can buy ready to go! This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won't cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.