DIY Magical Christmas Lanterns
These glowing Christmas lanterns are so magical. And it's the easiest project EVER! Learn how to create your own magical Christmas lanterns!
When I shared these simple but magical Christmas lanterns on Instagram, everyone went nuts for them. So I decided to put together this post about how to create these magical, glowing lanterns! They are beautiful during the day.
But they are positively MAGICAL at night!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for my full disclosure policy.
Below is all the info you need to create these Christmas lanterns for yourself!
Get my FREE design guides when you subscribe!
- Large paper lanterns that are hollow inside once assembled. You can find links to the exact ones I used below (they are currently in stock as I write this, but they sell out QUICKLY):
- Remote controlled puck lights
- Picture hanging strips (use these to help keep the paper lanterns closed if necessary)
- Clear command hooks for hanging them on your wall
How to Create These Magical Lanterns
You can see exactly how to assemble the lanterns by watching the short video below. You may not need the picture hanging strips to help hold the lanterns closed. Some of mine seemed to need a little extra help to stay closed and some didn't.
When you take your Christmas decor down at the end of the season, remove the puck lights and collapse your lanterns to store flat for the next year. So simple and easy!
Other posts you may enjoy:
- DIY Advent Calendars
- How to Make a Christmas Reindeer from Logs!
- Colorful & Easy DIY Christmas Ornaments
- Cheery and Bright Christmas Mantel Ideas
- Fun and Festive Advent Calendar Ideas
- Our Favorite Mini Wreath Options for 2022
- 6 Secrets to Elevate Your Christmas Aesthetic
Wondering how I approach transforming rooms and spaces in our home? Check out Designer in a Binder®.
And if you want exclusive content and behind-the-scenes sneak peeks, be sure to subscribe before you head out!
I love the lanterns. I bought a few, but I’m having trouble getting them open without them ripping.
Oh wow. I definitely haven’t had that issue. Mine opened easily. I wish I could help, but I’m not sure what the issue could be.