Last Updated on March 3, 2022
It's reveal day for this colorful girl's bedroom makeover! Attley's room refresh is done and it's magical! Come check it out for yourself.
I absolutely love designing girl's bedroom spaces and I'm guessing you are here because you are looking for girl's bedroom ideas and inspiration. I hope you will find some! Before I share this colorful girl's bedroom reveal with you, I wanted to show you what Attley's room looked like when we first moved into our house over 7 years ago. It was a very boring and very BEIGE box. The biggest challenge in the room is that the chimney runs up through this room, creating an awkward niche on the left AND right of the chimney.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
The changes in Attley's room all began because we decided to upgrade her from a twin size bed to a full-size bed. Here's a list of the big stuff we did to refresh her room:
- We painted the ceiling, walls (Falling Snow by Behr) and trim
- We painted the doors in her room
- We hung a new light fixture
- We had NEW carpet installed
- We installed the fox wall mural
- We got the new Mohawk Larrabee Area Rug and rug pad in place
- We got her new closet system installed, including this back of the door storage
- I painted her used Jenny Lind bed (that I found on the Facebook Marketplace) and got it set up in her room yesterday
- I hung her new roman shade and curtains for her little reading nook
And here's how her room looks now! YAY! And before you ask, there is a complete source list at the bottom of the post :) I mean!!!! How fun is it?!
My favorite part of the room is her little reading nook, which I put together by adding this simple white storage bench from The Home Depot. I topped it with some cushions and pillows and it's so comfy! The cubbies of this bench are perfect for holding books and baskets. The basket on the left holds her fire escape ladder–so perfect!
I found her awesome bed on the Facebook Marketplace and snapped it up for only $150. It's solid wood and just needed some TLC and paint. Attley picked a pretty coral color and we are both pretty obsessed with how it turned out.
I made that print for above her bed with the lyrics from one of her favorite songs from The Greatest Showman and I'm so happy with how it turned out. It's included in my FREE printable art library that all subscribers get access to (click here to subscribe).
We did a furniture swap and moved Attley's old dressers and bookcases into Avery's room and brought Avery's dresser into Attley's room and it's PERFECT in here! That beautiful dresser was a roadside find–you can check out this post to see how I restored it.
We hung artwork she already had above the dresser. We kept it pretty simple because there's a lot going on in this space with that GORGEOUS wall mural!
Now let's talk about her desk area. We built these DIY floating shelves and desk area years ago. It was the perfect way to make use of the awkward niche created by the chimney running through her room. We added this simple wood and rattan chair from The Home Depot to finish off this sweet little area perfectly.
Oh, and I can't forget to talk about one of our favorite elements in the room–the gorgeous area rug (yes, you can use area rugs over carpet)! The colors and pattern are PERFECTION and it's so soft. What do you think???? Here's some views of her room when we moved in vs. now. You know I can't resist a side-by-side comparison.
As promised, here is the source list.
- Wall color: Falling Snow by Behr
- Bedroom door color: Midnight in the Tropics by Behr
- Closet door color: Swimming by Sherwin-Williams
- Mohawk Larrabee Area Rug
- Wood and rattan desk chair
- White storage bench
- Blue velvet cushions
- Hyacinth storage cubes
- Floral throw pillow
- Striped throw pillow
- Pom pom throw pillow (I added her name to the pillow with heat vinyl transfer)
- White quilt and shams
- Accordion wall lamps
- Unicorn head
- Pegboard above desk
- Yellow striped basket
- Fox Mural
- Jenny Lind Bed (we bought ours used and painted it, but this bed is similar)
What do you think? So much love when into this room and I am thrilled that Attley loves it as much as I hoped she would!
Other posts you may enjoy:
- How to Choose Paint Colors for Your Home
- How to Decorate With Color Even When It Scares You
- Avery's Built-in Bunk Beds and Room Reveal
- Girls' Wall Art: Top Designer Picks
- 16 Teen Bedroom Ideas for Boys + Girls
Wondering how I approach transforming rooms and spaces in our home? Check out Designer in a Binder®.
And if you want exclusive content and behind-the-scenes sneak peeks, be sure to subscribe before you head out!